Did this work during my tenure at HomeNet Automotive, Division of AutoTrader.com.
At the core, HomeNet is a data conduit for our customers. We move data quickly, reliably, and accurately to be a partner in their success. The data architect at HomeNet serves to manage that conduit and ensure it exceeds its potential. The data architect should find him or herself aligned with HomeNet strategic goals in becoming the platform of choice for both the AutoTrader Group and the automotive industry as a whole.
● Provide a strong voice and vision for data architecture and design.
● Develop and maintain data management standards and conventions, data element naming standards and metadata standards.
● Provide data oriented technical leadership and guidance to Development staff.
● Work with Development, DBA, IT and Product teams to meet HomeNet’s strategic goals.
● Evaluate new data oriented technologies and techniques to add value to HomeNet.
● Act as a hybrid architect, consultant, troubleshooter, developer and ETL expert.
● Be accountable to overall system health and all data centric projects.
● Design and implement data models to support business needs.
● Translate requirements into procedural code: t-sql, stored procedures, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, or other data centric technologies as required.
● Actively assist in the troubleshooting of HomeNet’s non-t-sql codebases (C#, Ruby, Etc.).
● Conduct data centric requirements gathering, design sessions and technical reviews.
● Establish automated methods and procedures for tracking data quality.
● Maintain optimal quality, health and configuration of data related systems.
● Act as a mentor, leader and advocate for data management and data personnel.
● Ensure short-term tactical solutions are aligned with long-term strategic data objectives.
● Provide advanced support to assist in the research and solution of data issues.
● Interface with external and internal support teams to ensure optimal system health of IOL.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008+ preferred) database development.
• Excellent physical, logical and conceptual data modeling, analysis and mapping skills.
• Ability to manage, balance and prioritize multiple concurrent projects effectively.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills, both written and verbal required and ability to work with all levels of personnel is required.
• Strong team work and collaboration skills.
• Mentor and lead other team members regarding best practices and established patterns.
• Should be able to resolve most technical issues with a minimum of help.
• Familiarity with performance tuning techniques at all application levels.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology field.
• 8-10 years of experience in database development and data architecture.